Unoccupied Property Insurance

Unoccupied property insurance can be hard to find.

Many companies will point blank refuse to insure an unoccupied home, shop or business premises and so getting cover can prove to be difficult. However, the Fire Protection Association (FPA) estimates that malicious damage, theft and fires in empty premises cause over £100m of losses every year and so it's vital that you have adequate property owners insurance.

We understand that there are many reasons why your home or business premises may be unoccupied for a period. We have helped many clients find insurance for unoccupied properties and our forty years experience mean that we know what we are talking about.

Benefit from peace of mind

Whether you are a homeowner who is travelling or working away and planning to leave your property empty for a period, or you are a commercial landlord who has no tenants for a shop, office or commercial premises, we can help you. Unoccupied property insurance can be arranged to cover a wide range of risks including:

  • Property owners liability insurance - often included with insurance for unoccupied properties, this covers you for your legal liability for injury to third parties or their property - for example a tile may fall off the building roof and injure a passer-by
  • Commercial buildings insurance - this provides cover in the event that you have to repair or replace the structure of your property, for example in the event of escape of water, theft or malicious damage
  • Commercial contents insurance - this protects any contents that remain in your unoccupied property against a range of risks including theft, malicious damage and fire

Get in touch with us now to have a chat about all your unoccupied property insurance requirements. For a no obligation quote, click the link below or ring us today on (01403) 751330.

call me

Visit our property owners insurance page for any further information.